Imagine a car that you never changed the oil, never checked the brakes, never inflated the tires… Oh sure, it would work fine for a while. But one day, a catastrophic failure occurs, and as you’re stuck on the side of the road, you’ll think, “Why didn’t I get that checked?”
Your computer is the same way. It needs to be properly maintained so that problems can be avoided and productivity can be preserved. We offer a variety of services to help you stay on schedule.
Create Restoration DVDs — If you buy a PC from a major manufacturer, a backup copy of Windows comes pre-installed on a separate part of your hard drive. But what happens to that backup of Windows if the whole hard drive goes belly up? If your PC didn’t include a Windows DVD (and it probably didn’t), and you didn’t make restoration DVDs before hand, that copy of Windows goes bye-bye, too. Stay safe, and let us help you create restoration DVDs. We charge a very reasonable rate for this service, and we can even do it remotely.
Tuneup — A basic check of your system to make sure everything’s running smoothly. We will:
- Remove any useless, pre-installed software that came with your computer (commonly called “crapware”)
- Check to ensure your anti-virus is up-to-date (and alert you if it expires soon)
- Perform a full anti-malware/anti-virus scan
- Perform a full hardware diagnostic on your internal components (battery, power supply, hard drive, RAM, fans, etc.) to see if anything is close to failure
- Update all software (Java, Flash, Reader, Firefox, etc.) to the latest versions
- Install all outstanding Windows updates
Internal Dust/Debris Cleaning — Above, you see a picture of an actual PC I worked on once. And you’d be amazed how many people’s desktop system look similar to this. That probably includes yours. Your computer has fans that suck in dust, cigarette smoke, pet dander, and more. At least once a year, it should be cleaned out using compressed air.